Throwing a beach themed bridal shower for a special lady in your life is a lot of fun, and there are so many directions that you can take with it.
A coast-inspired bridal shower can be incredibly stylish and elegant. It's also very easy to put together a more casual event with a touch of whimsy, where less is “more” or there are lots of Pinterest-worthy intricate decorations and mouth-watering morsels almost too beautiful to eat.
The ultimate decision-making factors are considering what the bride prefers, the size of the space where the shower will be hosted, and how many guests are attending.
Here are some tips for throwing a beach themed bridal shower that will wow your guests:
- Place small beach themed decorations on tables.
Starfish, ships in a bottle, little plastic lobsters, and polished pebbles are an inexpensive way to transform a simple buffet table into a beach party.
- If you're going for a purely nautical look, use sisal and fisherman's net on the chairs.
Why have boring place cards when you can use sisal to hang little life preservers with everyone's names on the backs of the chairs? Net just adds to that beachy feel! It also makes a great overlay for the tablecloth so everyone can feel like they're on a boat.
- Photo props are fun!
Snorkels, pool noodles, novelty oversize sunglasses: you're only limited by your imagination! Put some fun beachy props out that guests can pose with in the photo booth or some fun selfies. Strike that Instagram-worthy pose showing off your beach style with Dune’s Gold Inlet Cuff (also available in silver.)
- The menu can have seafood if you’re shooting for a traditional vibe.
Shrimp cocktail and other seafood is popular for beach themed bridal showers, but don’t let tradition limit your creativity.
Nautical-themed bento makes for fun and memorable appetizers. A star-shaped cookie cutter can turn virtually any food into edible starfish. And of course, who doesn't want beachy tropical drinks like mai tais and pina coladas?
You can never go wrong with blue and white stripes.
- Even the most upscale beach themed bridal shower needs some nautical stripes to be complete, and it's perfect as a precursor for the "something blue" bridal tradition. If you’re doing a play on the something blue / something new tradition, consider getting the bride the Gold Sand Jewel Long Earrings or Heart Sand Jewel Necklace - it can be the perfect meaningful gift from the bridal party.
- Fun stuff for your guests.
Why have the traditional bridal shower rituals like the toilet paper wedding dress or the purse game? Go for a treasure hunt, beach blanket bingo, and other fun things that the bridal party and guests will remember.
And if you need a simple memorable gift for the bridal party members, the Dune Drops Round Studs are just the thing.
Need more options for bridal party gifts? Check out our wedding gift collection